We understand this is a concerning and confusing time for everyone. Right now, we are continuing to provide cremation services as we always do. We have implemented contingency plans that will ensure we are able to sustain caring for families and the deceased in the coming months.
We are working closely with the government and the wider funeral sector to ensure that we deliver the services that are needed, whilst providing the necessary protection for both you and our colleagues. The situation is changing daily, and we will adapt accordingly, but right now these are the measures that we have put in place to ensure the wellbeing of everyone.
We already operate with the highest levels of hygiene and safety standards across all our locations. However, we have implemented additional cleaning routines and procedures in line with guidance from Public Health England to ensure the safety of our staff and all visitors.
- Arranging a funeral with Simplicity Cremations can be done entirely over the phone and we will be able to provide full advice and guidance to you at this time.
- We cover the whole of Great Britain and as part of the UK’s largest funeral services group we can provide help and care to anyone that needs us right now.
- We are available 24 hours a day. Please be patient if we take a little longer to answer the phone than normal, we are here for you and will speak to you as soon as we can.
- If you have a funeral plan - nothing changes with how it is used or what it covers. There may be some limitations imposed in some areas of the service due to us adhering to the latest government guidelines. Please call the number provided with your funeral plan documents and you will be given the appropriate guidance for you.
- We are doing all that we can to ensure we can continue to deliver our full service. However, there will be some areas where restrictions based upon government guidelines may be in place. We will provide you with clear guidance on what is possible during any arrangements.
We are experienced and prepared to take care of people who have died under all circumstances, including with COVID-19. At all times we will look after your loved one in a caring and dignified manner.
Our website is full of advice and guidance and we have created a dedicated area with frequently asked questions specifically around the current situation that you may find useful.
We are constantly monitoring updates from Public Health England and the UK Government. As new information becomes available, we will look to amend our operations accordingly and will provide any updates that we can through our website.
Need to talk?
Do you need further support or advice? Our team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
COVID-19 PANDEMIC - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find a series of questions and answers on how funeral services and funeral plans may be affected by COVID-19.